Very easy breakfast that can be prepared the night before. I love this as you can pretty much use any combination of fruit, nuts and seeds so use what you have in your cupboards.
As well as being a good source of dietary fibre, oats contain slow release complex carbohydrates which will keep you full until lunch time.
“Oats, via their high fiber content, are known to help remove cholesterol from the digestive system that would otherwise end up in the bloodstream” (1)
- 50g gluten free rolled porridge oats (uncooked)
- 10g linseed
- 15g pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 10g coconut chips
- 100 coconut milk
- 120g full fat yoghurt
- 1 mango (peeled) and cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Mango cubes and extra coconut chips
- Peel your mango and cut into small cubes. Set aside about a third to top your bircher in the morning.
- Mix together oats, linseed, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, coconut chips, mango, yoghurt and milk and honey if you’re using. Put in a container with a lid or cover your bowl with clingfilm and pop into the fridge overnight (or minimum of 3 hours).
- Remove from fridge and top with saved mango and extra coconut chips.
This is so versatile – you can add any fruit combinations.
Share this Post
The post Mango and Coconut Bircher Muesli – Easy Healthy Breakfasts appeared first on Kale and Hearty Kitchen.